Keeping the skin on your feet free from infections can be a tough task. Follow these simple steps to avoid fungal infections that cause athletes foot and the dreaded viral infection that causes warts:
1. Always wear flip-flop sandals inside gym showers, changing rooms, around swimming pools, nail salons and reflexology places.
2. Never share shoes and sandals.
3. Wash your feet thoroughly with soap and water upon exiting a swimming pool and dry them meticulously. Children should especially do so.
4. Shoes that are regularly worn for many hours during the day should be dried out in direct sunlight weekly.
5. Ensure that your nail salon uses sterile instruments or take your own.